How to Research
TOOLS TO FIND RESEARCH PAPERS
1. Search NIH databases & Use LinkOut
keywords: lipedema, lipoedema, Dercum's, Adiposis Dolorosa, Madelung's, familial multiple lipomatosis
From there you can sometimes use the LinkOut section to find the full text, or use Google to search the title of the paper, or you can contact NYAM to get a full copy of the paper http://www.nyam.org/library/about/services/document-delivery-interlibrary-loan.html
2. Google Scholar http://scholar.google.com/
Google Scholar sometimes does the work of finding a free copy of the paper for you. It goes above and beyond regular Google searches.
Google search on the title, author, publication, etc.
TOOLS THAT MAKE READING PAPERS EASIER
integrates with Microsoft Word and helps authors automatically format their citations and references when submitting manuscripts to various journals, and it stores abstracts and articles.
2. The Papers app www.papersapp.com
3. Docear www.docear.org
is based on the Adobe reader platform, so it automatically reads PDFs for content, keywords, index, abstracts, references etc. And, since it piggybacks onto your existing Adobe software, it doesn't care if you have a PC or a Mac.
HOW TO FIND CLINICAL TRIALS
Clinical Trial Search
NIH - Clinical Trials US Government
HOW TO FIND BOOKS
- Go to Amazon.com
- Select the books department
- Search on key terms and be sure to get all the spellings; for example 'lipedema', 'lipoedema', 'lipoedem'
- For each book that comes up, select "Look Inside":
- Then you can search inside the book, and see how where the term is used
- Then you can decide if it's worth buying:
- You can also use Google to search the contents of some books.
- For a complete Book List, Click Here.